The Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) works to create and sustain an environment conducive to the development of India, partnering Industry, Government and civil society, through advisory and consultative processes.
CII is a non-government, not-for-profit, industry-led and industry-managed organization, with around 9000 members from the private as well as public sectors, including SMEs and MNCs, and an indirect membership of over 300,000 enterprises from 286 national and regional sectoral industry bodies.
For more than 125 years, CII has been engaged in shaping India's development journey and works proactively on transforming Indian Industry's engagement in national development. CII charts change by working closely with Government on policy issues, interfacing with thought leaders, and enhancing efficiency, competitiveness and business opportunities for industry through a range of specialized services and strategic global linkages. It also provides a platform for consensus-building and networking on key issues.
Extending its agenda beyond business, CII assists industry to identify and execute corporate citizenship programmes. Partnerships with civil society organizations carry forward corporate initiatives for integrated and inclusive development across diverse domains including affirmative action, livelihoods, diversity management, skill development, empowerment of women, and sustainable development, to name a few.
As India completes 75 years of Independence in 2022, it must position itself for global leadership with a long-term vision for India@100 in 2047. The role played by Indian industry will be central to the country's progress and success as a nation. CII, with the Theme for 2022-23 as Beyond India@75: Competitiveness, Growth, Sustainability, Internationalisation has prioritized 7 action points under these 4 sub-themes that will catalyze the journey of the country towards the vision of India@100.
With 62 offices, including 10 Centres of Excellence, in India, and 8 overseas offices in Australia, Egypt, Germany, Indonesia, Singapore, UAE, UK, and USA, as well as institutional partnerships with 350 counterpart organizations in 133 countries, CII serves as a reference point for Indian industry and the international business community.
- AICTE-CII Survey Report 2019
- ASHE 2019
- EdCil CII Survey on Internationalisation of Indian Campuses 2019
- CII PWC Note on Internationalisation 2019
- AICTE-CII Survey Report 2018
- AICTE-CII Survey 2017
- School Education Report 2017
- AICTE-CII Survey Report 2016
- AICTE-CII Survey Report 2015
- ASHE 2015
- Trends in Internationalisation of Higher Education in India 2015
- CII - Nature Index 2015
- Glimpses of MoU Exchange Ceremony at Rashtrapati Bhavan 2015
- CII-i3 Innovation Challenge 2015
- CII-i3 Award Winners 2015
- India Citation Index 2015
- AICTE-CII Survey Report 2014
- ASHE 2014
- Trends in Internationalisation of Higher Education in India 2014
- CII Directory of Top Industry-Linked Tech Institutes 2014
- AICTE - CII Survey Report 2013
- ASHE 2013
- White paper on Administrative Reforms 2013
- Case Studies on Industry Academia Collaboration 2013
- AICTE - CII Survey Report 2012
- ASHE 2012