SUMMIT 2013 ~ Overview
Global University Industry Congress 2013
University-Industry Congress aims at stimulating industry-academia collaborations for achieving excellence in higher education from academic perspective and thereby producing quality human resource and research outputs for the benefit of industry.
This business colloquium brings together institutes and global organization for discussing investment model and forge linkages in higher education, innovation and research. The summit gives an opportunity to global institutes and industries to interact with Indian institutes and industries and vice-versa.
The chief guest for the 2013 summit was Mr Kapil Sibal, Union Minister for Communications & IT, Law & Justice and Former Minister of Human Resource Development. In an award ceremony on the first day of the summit, industry sponsored awards were given to winners of AICTE Survey for Industry-Linked Technical Institutes in fields of engineering, pharmacy, management and architecture by Mr Kapil Sibal.
A White Paper on Administrative Reforms in Higher Education prepared by the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII), outlining recommendations to revitalize the higher education sector in India with greater participation of the private sector in a more liberal and encouraging investment climate was released at the summit.
Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) conceptualized the creation of a national-level picture of states’ initiatives in higher education in partnership with the Planning Commission last year. Given the diversity of regulations and schemes followed in each state as far as higher education was concerned, it was decided to prepare a national-level report which would give snapshots of every state’s initiatives in higher education. This year, the second edition of ASHE report 2013 was prepared in partnership with the Ministry of Human Resource Development and Mr R P Sisodia, Joint secretary, Human Resource Development, Government of India, has provided inputs from the Government’s own RUSA document for this report.
The first anniversary celebrations of Prime Minister's Fellowship Scheme for Doctoral Research on 8th November 2013 also coincided with the Global University-Industry Congress. Under this scheme, PhD fellows are given double scholarship—co-sponsored by the Government and industry—to do research on industry-relevant projects. Up to 100 fellowships are awarded every year under the scheme for duration of four years. The areas of research supported under the scheme are science, technology, engineering, agriculture and medicine. The summit unveiled a special pavilion with posters of research projects of 23 Prime Minister’s Fellows, which was inaugurated by Dr T Ramasami, Secretary, Department of Science and Technology to celebrate the scheme. The scheme was launched on the same day in 2012, in partnership with Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB), Department of Science and Technology (DST).
- AICTE-CII Survey Report 2019
- ASHE 2019
- EdCil CII Survey on Internationalisation of Indian Campuses 2019
- CII PWC Note on Internationalisation 2019
- AICTE-CII Survey Report 2018
- AICTE-CII Survey 2017
- School Education Report 2017
- AICTE-CII Survey Report 2016
- AICTE-CII Survey Report 2015
- ASHE 2015
- Trends in Internationalisation of Higher Education in India 2015
- CII - Nature Index 2015
- Glimpses of MoU Exchange Ceremony at Rashtrapati Bhavan 2015
- CII-i3 Innovation Challenge 2015
- CII-i3 Award Winners 2015
- India Citation Index 2015
- AICTE-CII Survey Report 2014
- ASHE 2014
- Trends in Internationalisation of Higher Education in India 2014
- CII Directory of Top Industry-Linked Tech Institutes 2014
- AICTE - CII Survey Report 2013
- ASHE 2013
- White paper on Administrative Reforms 2013
- Case Studies on Industry Academia Collaboration 2013
- AICTE - CII Survey Report 2012
- ASHE 2012