Project कksha initiative aims at quality improvement in school education by focusing on holistic development of pedagogy, as envisaged under the new National Education Policy (NEP).
As part of CII Project कksha initiative, which aims at quality improvement in school education by focusing on holistic development of pedagogy, as envisaged under the new National Education Policy (NEP), the Education vertical at the CII Central Office with the support of Amrit Cement ltd. conducted sessions with children at two government schools in remote Meghalaya.
The children were from the state's Rymbai Presbyterian Upper Primary School in village Rymbai and the Roman Catholic Lower Primary School in village Mynkre. The sessions included three experiments, with the first being on innovations for a better world based on the grand challenges of water, air, ecosystem, local communities as defined by UNSDGs goal nos. 2, 6, 7, 13, 14, 15.
The second experiment was called hashtag ecosystem restoration through seed balls. The idea was to bring into focus the United Nation's Decade of Ecosystem Restoration by creating a micro environment for seeds with soil and nutrients. Students were given paper cups, potting mix and seeds to make seed balls which were then dispersed by them in areas around them. The forest cover of Meghalaya is depleting and interventions like these help mitigate the problem.
The third experiment was a motivational / inspirational exercise for students to help them achieve their goals and ambitions by simply articulating or painting them on a sheet of coloured paper and flying it by shaping it into a plane. This experiment also brought into play the basics of high tech aerodynamics, innovation and critical thinking.
A total of 450+ students and teachers from these two schools participated in these activities.
Glimpses of Project कksha initiative in Meghalaya
- AICTE-CII Survey Report 2019
- ASHE 2019
- EdCil CII Survey on Internationalisation of Indian Campuses 2019
- CII PWC Note on Internationalisation 2019
- AICTE-CII Survey Report 2018
- AICTE-CII Survey 2017
- School Education Report 2017
- AICTE-CII Survey Report 2016
- AICTE-CII Survey Report 2015
- ASHE 2015
- Trends in Internationalisation of Higher Education in India 2015
- CII - Nature Index 2015
- Glimpses of MoU Exchange Ceremony at Rashtrapati Bhavan 2015
- CII-i3 Innovation Challenge 2015
- CII-i3 Award Winners 2015
- India Citation Index 2015
- AICTE-CII Survey Report 2014
- ASHE 2014
- Trends in Internationalisation of Higher Education in India 2014
- CII Directory of Top Industry-Linked Tech Institutes 2014
- AICTE - CII Survey Report 2013
- ASHE 2013
- White paper on Administrative Reforms 2013
- Case Studies on Industry Academia Collaboration 2013
- AICTE - CII Survey Report 2012
- ASHE 2012